Friday, December 12, 2014

HOLIDAY BALL was nearly a DISASTER!!

The Holiday Ball this year was amazing, it was well done, the food was great, and the people were awesome. Now the journey to the holiday ball was similar to the journey to Mordor in that every single that that could have gone wrong in regards to filming my getting ready with me hair, makeup, and outfit did. I cried, I raged, and I nearly gave up on this series, but in the end I think I was able to pull it all together to make a great 3 part series on my channel and 4 part series here on my blog. So I hope that you all enjoy it as it literally has my blood, sweat, and tears in it... seriously I bled.

Let me give you a quick play by play of what all went down, (pictures will be included):

7:30am-  GOOD PART: I took a shower using all of the products mentioned in previous blog post
                BAD PART: As I open the shower curtain to get out the conditioner bottle slam down on                                           my foot cutting it open in two different places.

8:08am- JUST BAD PART: I loaded my freshly formatted SD card into the Canon T3i then the                                                         freshly charged battery and guess what for the first time since I got it, in                                               July! of this year, it didn't work at all! 

8:10am- I cried...

8:13am- I called the Canon help desk, the guy was super nice and tried really hard to help me for like               20 minutes and then he finally said I would need to send it in. So then I cried again.

9:00am- Drove to the NEX to speak to a technician and he fixed it!! Plus he was very nice and                            understanding and helped me right away.

10:16am- GOOD PART; Started filming my videos!!
                BAD PART: Battery dies on me half way in...

By noon I had finished filming for half of my makeup, all of my hair and not yet started on my outfit. I packed everything for the event and as soon as Aaron got back from work we drove to the hotel and got a room. 

3:00pm- I start trying to film for the rest of my makeup and the card is full. I had to delete a couple of                longer clips.

By 4 I was completely done getting ready and I was able to record most of it in the end. Aaron and I then went to the Ball together and had a great time, no problems haha so yeah I had the worst morning of life trying to film this thing! we are home now it is the night after and I am still reeling from the day's events.

I will post the blogs that correspond to each video starting tomorrow! So don't forget to watch out for that! 

Thanks for reading,
 
-Alexandra


No comments :

Post a Comment

The Other Side Of Alex

The Other Side Of Alex
Subscribe Here!